cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to search for CAD Documents in PTC Windchill PDMLink which match a list of Product numbers (Global attribute) or Product codes (another Global attribute) in a file

sdeshpande-2
1-Newbie

How to search for CAD Documents in PTC Windchill PDMLink which match a list of Product numbers (Global attribute) or Product codes (another Global attribute) in a file

Hello everyone,

I have a need to be able to check in PDMLink if a certain set of Products (identified by product numbers and/or Product codes) that are made available in a file (excel) exist in PDMLink or not (in a certain state).

We know that we have a clear mismatch in what all data has been uploaded in our system.

We need to figure out exactly what all Products are missing in the system that should have been there.

So, we have retrieved an excel from our ERP system consisting of all Product numbers and Product codes (These are defined as Global attributes on EPMDocument type in Windchill)

It is a huge list of around 10000 products in that excel.

What I am looking for is a way to be able to check whether a certain Product (identified by Product no/Product code) has an equivalent EPMDocument (in Released state) in Windchill.

If any of you have encountered similar issues, I would appreciate it how you managed to handle this.

Thanking in advance and looking forward to some inputs.

1 REPLY 1

Windchill query builder report >> output to Excel.  Use Excel functions to compare lists.

Top Tags