cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to setup a Remote apache webserver when no access to the Windchill loadpoint

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

How to setup a Remote apache webserver when no access to the Windchill loadpoint

Hi,

I have previously sucessfully setup a Windchill 9.1 Remote Apache server located in a DMZ (for external Internet access) that had no access to the Windchill Server's application loadpoint.

I have just tried replicating this process for our 10.1 Windchill System and have found it does not seem to work in the same way.

All the PTC docs refer to the Remote Apache server being able to see the Windchill Application Loadpoint, but this is not possible for a machine located in a DMZ.

I have configured the remote apache server as per the PTC instructions and have created the dummy windchill directory stub on the apache server in the DMZ with a few of the necessary files that I knew about in 9.1, but this seems not to be adequate for 10.1.

I can get the Windchill Server Status page values returned in a browser, so I am pretty sure Tomcat is working through to the server, but no other pages render - does anyone have any information on how to do this?

Thanks and Regards

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:GaryMansell)

So for the app-<yourWindchillWebAppNameHere>.properties (e.g. app-Windchill.properties) file in Apache/conf/extras, you'll want to modify/ensure two lines:

enableCustomErrorDoc=false

proxyEntireWebApp=true

Then invoke "ant -f webAppConfig.xml regenAllWebApps" from the top level Apache directory.

This will reconfigure all web apps to proxy all requests over AJP to Tomcat rather than assuming some files can be server from the local file system.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:GaryMansell)

So for the app-<yourWindchillWebAppNameHere>.properties (e.g. app-Windchill.properties) file in Apache/conf/extras, you'll want to modify/ensure two lines:

enableCustomErrorDoc=false

proxyEntireWebApp=true

Then invoke "ant -f webAppConfig.xml regenAllWebApps" from the top level Apache directory.

This will reconfigure all web apps to proxy all requests over AJP to Tomcat rather than assuming some files can be server from the local file system.

Top Tags