cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to start 'windchill profiler' on slave machine, in cluster environment?

kparasuram
1-Newbie

How to start 'windchill profiler' on slave machine, in cluster environment?

Windchill is installed on cluster environment & profiler works on BMS but not on Slaves, it gives error on slave 'Unable to connect to Windchill', no prompt for credentials.

4 REPLIES 4
ehetényi
4-Participant
(To:kparasuram)

If I'm not wrong profiler requires a FG method server to run with a command: windchill --javaArgs=-Xmx512M wt.tools.profiler.WindchillProfiler. It doesn't matter if it's slave or master.

In the profiler you can filter for bgms if you want but only in case you started on that specific node. Are you on linux or windows? If linux do you have X11 forwarded?

Tried executing command windchill --javaArgs=-Xmx512M wt.tools.profiler.WindchillProfiler, same error. I am using Windows.

What is the full stack trace of the error message when you try to start the profiler? That might give us a better idea of why it can't connect to Windchill. What version of Windchill are you using?

I remember, profiler gets connected to WTadapter and BGMS does not have one. So in the background node which does have WTadapter, profiler should not work. Do you have a local mapping for your cluster URL in your slaves?

You can also use JConsole for profiling

Select com.ptc > MethodServers > MethodServer> com.ptc > WindchillProfiler > Attributes

• Enter the full path of the output file in  CanonicalFilename(D:\ptc\test.prof)
    • Set SQLProfilingEnabled &  TaskProfilingEnabled to true
    • Set ProfilerUserName to the username(eg: wcadmin) which you want to profile

Thanks

Binesh

Top Tags