cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to sync Windchill and specific Pro/E build?

ssmith-6
1-Newbie

How to sync Windchill and specific Pro/E build?

Because of various projects and books I'm maintaining, I have a variety of builds of Pro/E and Creo Parametric installed on the same machine. This includes Wildfire 3, two builds of Wildfire 4, Wildfire 5, and Creo Parametric 1.0, yes all installed on the same machine. And I'm using Windchill 9.1 M060 for ONE of these projects. Is it possible to specify a particular build of Pro/E to use when the "Open in Pro/ENGINEER" icon is selected in a standalone browser window? I know,I shouldn't be using that icon, okayI get that. But I still want to know if it's possible to do this. Yes I know, I should just manually start the version of Pro/E I want to use, but I'm asking if there is a way to tell Windchill which build to use. I asked PTC and they wouldn't really answer YES or NO. PTC just kept reading from the script "Windchill will use the latest installed build that is compatible ..." Okay but that doesn't answer the question, and for me it isn't true. I'm looking for a property or other configuration that can be quickly changed to specify the exact build of Pro/E to use, does this exist, is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2

Edit the Windows *.PHA file type association specifying the desired
Pro/E install location.

The solution is to edit the Windows PHA file type association specifying the desired Pro/E install location.

Click Control Panel, Folder Options, File Types, select PHA, Advanced, Edit, enter the appropriate path for Pro/E or Creo.

Thank youCraig Pater at PTC for the quick reply.

Top Tags