cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to trigger OOTB functionality through api

WM_9965332
11-Garnet

How to trigger OOTB functionality through api

Hello, 

I have a requirement to trigger multi-level BOM report in a specific format which is an OOTB functionality         (see attached photo) from a wizard once user clicks on a button. How would I go about triggering this functionality from a form processor or some other mechanism?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @WM_9965332 

I usually do not use or try to modify the OOTB BOM report because it is little bit hardcoded so for a customer purpose I create own function to build own report as customer needs.

You can start study help customization and learn how to add onw report to a OOTB PSB Ribbon menu

ReportGeneration_ReportSelection

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Thanks for the response. I'm only interested in generating multi level BOM report from a custom wizard once a button has been clicked. Would I still need to build the custom report and trigger the download from there?

Hi @WM_9965332 

What kind of wizard do you mean?

If you need own wizard you need to create them and also crate own report function. 

The OOTB Multilevel Report shows new Window with BOM table where you have another functions do download the results in some file formats.

HelesicPetr_0-1673009137306.png

If you need own custom format of downloading file you need to crate own function to do so.

for example

one customer wanted to fill own template excel file with data from the multilevel BOM report table. 

one function to download the filled excel file

second function to save the excel to new WTDocument in windchill as referenced WTDocument. 

HelesicPetr_2-1673009303757.png

In the end It was easier to crate own function then try to modify existing ootb one.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr I understand what you are saying. For the wizard, it's a simple one with a form processor attached to it so I was hoping in the doOperation method I could somehow trigger a multi-level BOM report to download. Can this be done? or do I need to create and build a custom report?

Hi @WM_9965332 

Understand that you would like to run the OOTB Bom Report directly from the class, but it is not easy as you can think.

I've never tried to do it because I didn't want to lose time to search how to do so if I can easily report and build what a customer needs,

PetrH

Top Tags