cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to used forced encryption with a certificate?

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

How to used forced encryption with a certificate?

I'm trying to correct some vulnerabilities and received some instructions from IT. The instructions mimic the link below down to the section "Importing the Self-Signed Certificate in the DB Client (the Windchill server)"

When I reboot the server, I cannot start windchill with the hash and encryption enabled.

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/r12.1.2.0/pt_BR/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WCAdvDeployGuide/WCAdvDepAdvDB_ConfigWindchillWithSQLDBforJDBCoverSSL.html

I also followed the remaining part of the post and added the parameters, but nothing appears to let the server function with forced encryption enabled.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:Aaronm87)

What error do you get in the MethodServer log?

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:jbailey)

I dont get any errors. The method server log just stops shortly after attempting to start. Almost like something is freezing.

I brought it up with my management and we are are having some windchill consultants come in and perform the updates/fixes since this is really beyond my ability.

Top Tags