cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

I am getting this error while creating wtpart.

Vipul
12-Amethyst

I am getting this error while creating wtpart.

Vipul_0-1677067223597.png

I have also attached oir file. Please provide me with the solution.

Thanks in advance 

Vipul gaikwad

5 REPLIES 5
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:Vipul)

Ok looks like you are making a new WTPart by a composite attribute correct? The addition of "<!--<Arg>{GEN:wt.enterprise.SequenceGenerator:WTPARTID_seq:3:0}</Arg> -->" should make a unique number but you might be limiting yourself. And Type, Subcategory and Object type make up the "3028A" portion? So does that WTPart by that number exist? Check the settings for that sequence to make sure its advancing properly. Be prepared for skips since it will keep moving regardless if there is a successful WTPart created or deleted. If you are ok with that, should work. 

Vipul
12-Amethyst
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks for the reply.

The wtpart by that number does not exists.

where can i check for the setting for sequence to make sure its advancing properly?

and one more thing in wcadmin i am able to create the wtpart .

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Here is some information on sequences:

https://blog.toadworld.com/oracle-create-sequence-explained-with-examples#:~:text=An%20Oracle%20Sequence%20is%20a,can%20be%20ascending%20or%20descending.

The one you are using is setup by the install for WTParts. 

Based on the error message, it looks like its pulling a number 0000001501 first which would be the default OOTB OIR rule then trying to renumber it. Can you post the composite rule which merges all OIRs from the different levels. Strange that admin is able to do this but not users.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @Vipul 

I would start to investigate, why there is a type "WTPart Master" instead of WTPart. For me this it is strange. 

So there can really be a WTPart Master that identity is what it said but you can not find that master. 

So first I would check Logs and start to debug your crate operation what is done in background process and why.   

Also I would try to add the attributes one by one. You can have wrong definition of the number. 

PetrH

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @Vipul 

btw IBA parameters are global attributes. 

Do you have own global attributes defined as Type, ObjectType and Subcategory?

I usually use  system attributes and the definition example is <Attr id="genericType"/> 

also I use them directly in the number definition I do not use varDeinition.

Your attributes does not seem as the global or am I wrong?

and another point

your sequence is commented out from xml so the row with unique generated number is ignored.

PetrH

Top Tags