cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

I attempted to import a drawing format into Windchill, I encoutered the following error.

gcooper-3
1-Newbie

I attempted to import a drawing format into Windchill, I encoutered the following error.

@Operation failed because the user did not have the necessary permission on the following objects to perform the operation: Format  - jjk_cadform_b_stdrd_wm.frm, -.1

I recently installed Windchill 11.0.  I am setup as Manager as well as User.

I sure can use some help on how to set the permission for drawing format in Windchill?

Best Regards,

GWC

1 REPLY 1

If it's a new install and there is not yet anything in the system, start with just a .PRT.  Create it and check in.  Then find it in Windchill and right click, select Manage Security - add your name.  Allows investigating existing permissions.  Can also Set State to various states and repeat - see permissions by state.

Since it specifically calls out "necessary permission" then make sure your account is in fact the Manager of that context (assuming it's a Library for the Format).  Look at the Team for the Library.

Top Tags