cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

I need to use the previous version from my workspace

ClaudiuCraciun
6-Contributor

I need to use the previous version from my workspace

HI,

I started recently to use Windchill 10.1.

One of my collegue asked me how can be brought back a previous for some parts or asembly.

In a file system they were able to delete any iteration that ProE saved.

In windchil in their workspace they can see only one file (no iterations in workspace)

Also using frames they were not happy with this solution usually when they save an assembly that save the subcomponents using frame will bring back both but they are inetersted to bring only the subcomponent and not teh assembly.

Are we doing something wrong using the Frames?

Thx,

CC

1 REPLY 1
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:ClaudiuCraciun)

Frames are pretty much your only means of reverting back to a previous change of a particular file when working in Windchill.

While not ideal, you could revert back to the previous frame that included the previous iteration of the part in question, open that part in Pro/E and do a File > Save As > Save a Backup to save the file to disk. Revert back to the latest frame and bring the saved iterations back into the workspace--either via File > Open in Creo or Tools > Import to Workspace in the workspace.

Top Tags