cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Implementation Plan Not Available for Customized Page

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Implementation Plan Not Available for Customized Page

Has anyone noticed that I.P. is not available to be selected from the "Customize" button in version 12?  We have a custom page for our users and that is the first one on the page.

This is version 11.0 M030

STEVEG_0-1620244171315.png

Version 12.0.1.1

STEVEG_1-1620244216092.png

4 REPLIES 4
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:STEVEG)

What is your Change Notice with Embedded Change Task preference set to?  Was it changed during the upgrade?

In your 2nd screenshot from 12, you can see Embedded Change Task at the bottom of the Customize menu.

Juanneumann72
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenPerry)

I am trying to understand the best practices for sharing product data within EPDM with companies/partners/suppliers/co-developers outside our company. At present, the only method I can find is to 'pack' the some or all of product data (meta data, assembly & parts, drawings, and all other relevant data) and send it to the recipient. And when there is an update to the data that has been shared, then do this all over again. On the recipient's side, they have to 'unpack' the data and load it into their system. We have a few scenarios here: 1. The recipient has EPDM+SolidWorks - they may be able to take the data 'as is' with very little massaging to get into their system.2. The recipient has PDM/PLM/CAD from another vendor - they have to find a way to "import" the data into their system, and this may lead to data being neither imported into their PLM system or their CAD system. 3. The recipient has only CAD system - they have to grab the CAD data out of the 'pack' and use it, perhaps after translating it into their native CAD system, if they arent using SolidWorks. And all of them have to this over again the moment something changes at the sending end to either the metadata or the CAD data. I would like to know if the user community has evolved a set of best practices for each scenario. I would appreciate if people can share their thoughts on how they would deal with this situation in their company.

thanks

jackyjoy

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenPerry)

@BenPerry 

That option is set to NO on both versions right now.

What is weird though is I can't find where I got that from anymore.  I don't see that Embedded Change Task in the Customize button now.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Now I have it back.  My only thought is that our partner company that is helping us made a preference change to get it back.

Top Tags