cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Import From Spreadsheet With Views Not Working

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Import From Spreadsheet With Views Not Working

I am trying to import "Views" for existing wtParts using the spreadsheet.  Sometimes it will work, but sometimes it will not.  It seems that I have to have only a couple of items at a time to be able to get it to work, where if I am putting in new Parts at Design, it works with 1,000s of rows.  I'm on 11.1.  There are no errors in my logs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MichaelChatel 

I did open a help call.  We turned the log file to All for the output and still nothing.  The queue showed that it was failing but didn't give any reason when queried.  On one of my restarts, I decided that I would delete the <Windchill home>\temp files.  For whatever reason, that did the trick and I was able to upload after that point.  Strange that a temp file would mess up how many lines you could try to import.

Thanks,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Brian,

For an issue like this, if nothing is present in the logs, I would suggest opening a Support case for this.

Are there any failed entries, that you see, in the queues?  Probably in the Process queue, if you're importing from spreadsheet.

That may help point to issue.

Mike C.

@MichaelChatel 

I did open a help call.  We turned the log file to All for the output and still nothing.  The queue showed that it was failing but didn't give any reason when queried.  On one of my restarts, I decided that I would delete the <Windchill home>\temp files.  For whatever reason, that did the trick and I was able to upload after that point.  Strange that a temp file would mess up how many lines you could try to import.

Thanks,

Brian

That is odd.

Glad it's no longer an issue for you, and you guys figured that out.

Mike C.

Top Tags