cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Import problem in the workspace

mchavernoz
1-Newbie

Import problem in the workspace

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to import Creo objects (prt, drw and asm) into my workspace, the import fails and I do not find any information in the event manager.

Is there a special configuration to set up to have this information in the event manager?

Do you have an idea of why an import can fail?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I remember seeing this issue. Could you change the "Start In" directory of Creo set to a network file system or a file system which is not write ready. Right Mouse Click on Creo shortcut and change the startin directory to a location which is writable

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mchavernoz)

The workspace import uses Creo to do the actual import.  Can you manually open the files in Creo?  Is it possible the files are from a newer version of Creo than what you have?

First of all, thank you for helping me.

To answer your question:
1. The files open well in Creo and I am able to save them to see them in my workspace. But this action would take a lot of time because I have several hundred objects (prt, drw and asm) to import.

2. All the objects I am trying to import are of the same version as my Creo (CREO 3.0), even lower.

The thing I do not understand is that I can not find any information in relation to the import failure in my event manager.

aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:mchavernoz)

Here are couple of tools which help in bulk/mass upload of ProE data to Windchill:

-Amol

I remember seeing this issue. Could you change the "Start In" directory of Creo set to a network file system or a file system which is not write ready. Right Mouse Click on Creo shortcut and change the startin directory to a location which is writable

Thank you Binesh Kumar,

I have copied my folder i would to import on my desktop, because the folder I try to import are located on a server who are not writable.

And now i'm able to import my objects without problem.

Top Tags