cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Preference for Drop file extension on number

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Preference for Drop file extension on number

I am trying to set the preference under Operation -CheckIn-Upload so that all part and assembly files when checked In will drop the file extension on the number field.

In my testing, I can get it to work for my personal userID, but it will not work when set at the Product or Library level so everyone gets the setting.

When I have the preference set to Yes for me, as soon as a save a file into my workspace, the number field shows just the number, not ,prt or .asm extension.

I then set it to No for me and edit the Part Library preference to Yes, create a new part and save. It is showing the .prt extension.

I have set the preference to Auto Create WTparts at the Library and Product levels and that works fine.

Is there a bug in my version that is fixed in Windchill 11? I can wait for that as that will be by the end of the summer.

Windchill 10.0 m040

Creo 2 m220

1 REPLY 1

It works fine on 10.2, did you lock the preference in product/library level? If you don't lock it, the user preference will override the one which you have in the levels above

Top Tags