cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Importing a project plan in ProjectLink

rjacobsen
1-Newbie

Importing a project plan in ProjectLink

Does anyone know how to give access to Project Managers to allow them to be able to import a project plan? Currently, only the org administrator can do this.

Windchill 10.1 M040

Thanks,
Russ Jacobsen

4 REPLIES 4

I think it is the "Import job" object that users should have access to. It works on the PDMLink Excel Import. So I am guessing it is th same in Projectlink.

Write back if it works.

Naveen

After some searching, I found that if the Project Manager is in any Groups as a Guest in the project, the Import Plan does not show up as a menu item in the Action drop down on the Details page. I’m glad to figure this out, but it creates a new problem since I do not want to remove the Project Managers from the different groups they are in since it will affect their access to other areas.

Thanks,
Russ Jacobsen
Director, Sustaining & Implementation
YAKIMA Products Inc.
15025 SW Koll Pkwy., Beaverton, OR 97006
p: 971.249.7503 | f:971.249.7751 | russ.jacobsen@yakima.com<">mailto:russ.jacobsen@yakima.com>
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:rjacobsen)

You got it. If the PM is also in the Guest role, for some reason the Guest role over-rides their PM access. Easiest way to fix this is to not use the Guest role for PM's and create a new role with similar limitations in Configure Actions for Roles. Check in with PTC Technical Support on this one. I believe CS171985 should address this.

-Scott

As Scott said, you need more role granularity (more roles) since Guest is a special hard coded role within the code in some cases like Org Admin. However, this implies effort to alter your configuration. (This then is factor of how many projects or project teams need to be modified)

Being a user/principal in both roles also contradicts the access control rules for project manager (full control all objects in project) with guest who has read, download in default project templates from which the projects are typically created. ACL’s are one layer which then the configurable actions by role is another layer.

Top Tags