cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

In Pro/I migration, do we need to assign organization to users before migration

ptc-4211920
1-Newbie

In Pro/I migration, do we need to assign organization to users before migration

In Pro/I migration, we have 500 users. Windchill is integrated with AD. We are not adding users from Windchill LDAP, so it will not allow migrator to add new user / make any changes. Users are already available at site level. Do we need to modify user to assign organization before migration?

2 REPLIES 2

HI Milan,

You said that the 500 users are already in Windchill because you are using an integration with Active Directory. If this was done correctly, then those 500 users should already be associated with an organization in Windchill. If it wasn't done correctly, then those 500 users are unaffiliated, and that will cause problems with more than just the migration.

Have you tried looking at the details for some of the users to see if they are affiliated with an organization?

Thanks,

Micah

Hi Micah

We can change organization later it seems. However, to provide required access after migration we have assigned organization and it works.

Regards

Milan

Top Tags