cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

In Windchill: How to make an attribute required in only one context?

joe_morton
17-Peridot

In Windchill: How to make an attribute required in only one context?

Hello,

I'm a new Windchill admin. During our setup, we created some attributes that we wanted required on parts and assemblies documents. The intention is that engineers will fill out these attributes for every design. The problem is that now those attributes are also required for templates (even though they are in a different Context), which defeats the purpose. If I fill in the attributes in the templates, then those attributes will probably be left with the default and not updated by the engineers.

How can I set those attributes to only be required in one context? Right now CAD Documents and WTparts have constraints for Enumerated Value List and Required. I can Add Conditions to these constraints and choose Context as the "Driver Attribute". I've been putting in the name of the Context where I want the attribute required, but this doesn't work. It ends up not being required anywhere, like the condition is never being met. Is the Context name not the right way to identify a Context?

I turned off the requirements to load our templates, then turned them back on. But now I have to repeat that procedure every time I make a new template or add a template. What is the right way to do this?

Thanks,

Joe

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags