cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

In my workspace, I want to create a new WTpart and new CAD doc at same time using the same number generated from Windchill. Can this be done?

bradlawrence
9-Granite

In my workspace, I want to create a new WTpart and new CAD doc at same time using the same number generated from Windchill. Can this be done?

Within my workspace.......I want to create a new WTpart and CAD doc at same time using the same number generated from Windchill. Can this be done? Here are my steps, then my problem.

Capture1.JPG

So in the next screen below, the number field is empty and is required to fill out. I want the generated number from Windchill to auto populate this field for the CAD doc. I want the WTpart and CAD doc to have the same number.

How can this be done? Some where in the utilities > Preferences ?

Capture2.JPG

1 REPLY 1

As far as I'm aware, there's no OOTB way to to this. We wanted to do something similar, but could only think of complex customisation, which we didn't have time for. We opted to hide the 'Create CAD Document' tick box on the Part creation screen. I'd bet someone on here has gone to the trouble of writing code to do this.

Perhaps worth submitting an Idea for an OOTB method?

Top Tags