cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Variant from Configurable Part - Getting rid of middle nodes

hvaradharajan
1-Newbie

Variant from Configurable Part - Getting rid of middle nodes

Dear all,

I have followed the instructions as per the PTC help below, but it is not giving the expected output.

I have the structure in my configable part as following;

1234-0100 Generic Car (Configurable)

1200-0100 Engine (Configurable)

1200-0101 Diesel Engine (Non-Configurable)

1200-0102 Petrol Engine (Non-Configurable)

1300-0100 Chassis (Configurable)

1300-0101 Sedan Chassis (Non-Configurable)

1300-0102 Hatchback Chassis (Non-Configurable)

I want the variant structure as follows

1234-0101 Petrol Car Sedan (Non-Configurable)

1200-0102 Petrol Engine (Non-Configurable)

1300-0101 Sedan Chassis (Non-Configurable)

I want the middle nodes to go away in the resulting variant BOM for Car. I created the 1200-0100 Engine (Configurable) and 1300-0100 Chassis (Configurable) as "Collapsible = Yes", as per PTC help below.

Iam only getting an error in "deliverables" - saying that " you do not have access to the configurable part -...."

Creating Module Variants with Collapsible MiddleNodes

If a configurable module is defined as collapsible, then when generating a variant, it is replaced by its child standard part, and the quantity of standard parts is adjusted accordingly. The quantity of parts is set as defined in the Product Structure Explorer.

For example, a configurable module Tire has two interchangeable standard parts with different tire characteristics (each with quantity of 1). If the Tire part is defined as collapsible, in the resulting deliverable the configurable module is replaced by the child part that matches the variant specification. If the configurable module has quantity 4, then the quantity of the standard part takes into account the quantity of the configurable module, and it this case lists the quantity of 4.

The ability to collapse the configurable modules allows you to streamline the structure to show the actual parts that are used to create a product. The next figure shows a structure that includes configurable modules.

If all configurable modules at middle nodes are defined as collapsible, then the deliverable generated from this structure using a variant specification produces a simplified variant structure, as shown in the next figure.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags