cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Inaccurate data display in IE & Firefox

Ninjette
1-Newbie

Inaccurate data display in IE & Firefox

The browswers (IE & Firefox) do not display things properly. Example: Select Organization\Administration tab and the full list of users that are org admins does not show. It will show if I clear that group from Windchill cache (for a day or less), but how do I get it to show the proper data all the time? Another example: Log in as "user A", then log out. Log in as "user B". Click HOME tab and "User A" name will appear in the profile area (User B's name will appear above that). It's like the cache doesn't get cleared or info gets 'stuck' on a screen. Has anybody else experienced this? Any advice/suggestions? This happens on other people's machines too. We are on 9.0 M030, Internet Explorer 6.0 SP3, Firefox 3.6.3...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had the same issue, I logged a call at PTC and after investigation and filling an SPR they sent me a temp patch.

This problem is solved in 9.0 M050 or later.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I had the same issue, I logged a call at PTC and after investigation and filling an SPR they sent me a temp patch.

This problem is solved in 9.0 M050 or later.

Hi Mark,

What version are you on right now? Do you know the name of the patch? I put in a PCR on it but I'm still waiting for a solution...

Hi Jodi,

I'm now on 9.1 M040.

Sorry, I don't have any temp patch name. PTC tech support should help you. This is a known issue.

Good luck!

Hi Marc-Andre Verville,

I contacted PTC support and you are right on the money. There is a patch for it (up updating to a more recent version fixes it also). Thanks so much!

You can force fire fox to check if the page displayed is the latest.

See link below

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately this is not a solution to this problem. I've tried that approach both for Internet Explorer and Firefox. No dice. But thanks for offering help

Top Tags