cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Include images in exported XLS?

ptc-4867723
1-Newbie

Include images in exported XLS?

In a table view, I choose: Actions > Export List to File > Export List to XLS

This exports the table contents to an Excel file. However, if a table cell contains an image, only the image name - but not the image themselves - is exported.

I would like the images themselves to be exported to the XLS file. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom Margolis

4 REPLIES 4
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4867723)

Can you provide more details? Which table are you exporting and what does it contain? Do you want to export UI images, thumbnails or something else?

ptc-4867723
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thanks for your response. I am a Java developer asked to provide the functionality described, and placed in front of a browser-based Windchill UI and told what buttons to press. I can't tell you what table is being exported, but I attached a screenshot below:

WC_screenshot.JPG

The 'Name' column includes images of various sizes; currently, only the text names in that column are exported. I would like to know if there is a way to export include these images in an XLS export through the UI or if Java code must be written; and, if the latter, what are the primary relevant classes.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4867723)

It is my understanding that Windchill does not export the columns which do not contain text such as Thumbnail Navigation, Document Format or Information. There could be a way to configure the export action to support this, but I am not a Windchill customizer, so I cannot say for sure. You could check the Windchill Customizer's Guide on www.ptc.com or consult the Winchill HelpCenter for more information.

ptc-4867723
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thank you.

Top Tags