cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infor PLM with Creo

Arivan
5-Regular Member

Infor PLM with Creo

Has anyone used Infor PLM with Creo? Our products are highly customizable. We are in search of a good PLM that suits our need. Infor PLM is one of the contenders among Windchill and Aras. 

Does it work seamlessly with Creo? Is it at par with Windchill? Any major issue or drawback that we need to be aware of?

Your suggestion is highly valuable to help us find  the the best PLM.

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Arivan)

The main issue with a third-party PLM system is that any changes on either side need to be coordinated with the other system. By using a single vendor for both, the integration is better and updates are more aligned.

What functionality are you looking for? Full PLM or just file vaulting or something in between?

Are you in a multi-CAD environment or only use Creo?

Arivan
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you for your thoughts @BenLoosli .

Yes. We are in a multi CAD environment. One location is using Inventor and Vault and the other location is using Creo and Windchill as PDM. We are using Infor CPQ that coordinates all our system (Sales, Engineering and ERP).

We are looking for a full PLM solution. One of the possibilities is to change our CAD system to single vendor system either PTC or Autodesk. But that is not an easy process. We are still using our Engineering data that are more than 15 years old. Migrating them to a single CAD system will be a humongous task. We are thinking of leaving the CAD systems as they are and building a PLM solution that communicates well with our CPQ and ERP and integrates our CAD and PDM systems.

jbailey
17-Peridot

Might be a better question for Infor?

Arivan
5-Regular Member
(To:jbailey)

Sure @jbailey . I will check in Infor user group as well. 

Just thought of getting some insight from the Creo users as well, if they have used Infor.

jbailey
17-Peridot

Yes, but this is a Windchill topic board, not a Creo topic board.

Arivan
5-Regular Member
(To:jbailey)

That's true. I couldn't find a good place in the Creo section to post this question in. I will try to fit this in there. Thanks for your time.

Announcements

Top Tags