cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Installation problem - Windchill 11.2

AI_10204028
7-Bedrock

Installation problem - Windchill 11.2

I have specified correct directory path of Microsoft sql server but still I am getting this error  

Invalid SQL Server install location specified or SQL Server database server software was not installed on local system. The path must contain the following for SQL Server 2014: "SQL_SERVER_HOME\MSSQL12.INSTANCE_NAME\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe" where SQL_SERVER_HOME is the SQL Server installation directory. For example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server.
SQL Server Installation Directory

Specified SQL Server Data Files directory is invalid. Database user has insufficient permission to read, create, update and delete in the folder.
SQL Server Data Files Directory

Invalid SQL Server Client install location specified. The path must contain the following "SQL_SERVER_CLIENT_HOME\Binn\sqlcmd.exe" where SQL_SERVER_CLIENT is the SQL Client installation directory. For example: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\110\Tools" for SQL Server 2014.
*SQL Server Client Installation Directory:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

According to the software matrices, SQL Server 2014 is not supported for PDMLink 11.2. See page 11 of this document:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/AA0720E627F045899765C208E92042C4.pdf?sc_lang=en

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

According to the software matrices, SQL Server 2014 is not supported for PDMLink 11.2. See page 11 of this document:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/AA0720E627F045899765C208E92042C4.pdf?sc_lang=en

The way I read that page, SQLServer 2014 SP2 is supported with Windchill 11.2, but that will be the last version of Windchill to support it.

@BenLoosli  The guide says:
Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 is deprecated as of the Windchill 11.2.0.0 release

I took that to mean "starting at Windchill 11.2.0.0" release; you are reading it as "after Windchill 11.2.0.0 release"? 

I am reading it as after 11.2.

Typically PTC does not put non-supported versions in those matricies. The Deprecated warning is there to announce that this will be the last version to support that software version.

Can someone specify which version of Microsoft SQL server is supported by windchill PDMLink 11.2.  

2016 or 2017 (Standard or Enterprise for either)

Top Tags