cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Instances disappearing from Family Table

mrossman
3-Visitor

Instances disappearing from Family Table

My company has recently had a bunch of Family Table instances disappear in pdmlink.  It seems to happen when someone opens an assembly with the older version of the part, and when prompted on the conflict window selects check out when they try to check in.  Has anybody else had a similar problem, or have any ideas on how to prevent it?

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mrossman)

Lock your family tables so they only open as read-only.

Why is Windchill pulling in the non-latest iteration of a file?

Teach your users to always update their workspace after opening a family table to be sure it is the latest.

We mostly use family tables for COTS hardware items that do not change. They are in a Library, not product, and Windchill is set to open library files as read-only.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi,

How do you setup Library files to open Read-only?

Could be useful, we also have fasteners in a Library.

Ideas for prohibiting accidental revision of COTS items in a library are also of interest. Currently all designers are in the role Library Owner because on the other hand everyone should be able to create new ones as needed, but then it happens every now and then that these items are picked in the Revise collector.

DmitryC
12-Amethyst
(To:HJ1)

Hi,

I can think of at least 2 simple solutions:

1. Play with the "Revise" access in ACL for parts/documents in the released state. You may create an additional role for people who will have the access

2. Remove the "Revise" transition from the lifecycle when parts/documents are released. In this case, users will have to bring objects into another state before revising them.

Keep in mind that you may have to require a soft type and/or separate context(library) for this to work smoothly.

Kind regards,

Dmitry.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:DmitryC)

Thanks,

yes, some simple way with ACL crossed my mind too as most of the objects in question are in a separate library. 

Top Tags