cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Integrate multiple Windchill Installations.

grocha
1-Newbie

Integrate multiple Windchill Installations.

Introduction

The joint venture group I'm working for has dozens of different companies which are all different and independent companies bought by the years, now 7 different companies opted to use Windchill so far but they did it in different points in time, each with it's own server, different versions(starting from 10.0), different business requirements, etc.

My Environment/data

Servers with only Arbortext content manager + ProjectLink (WTDocument only)

Servers with PDMLink + ProjectLink (EPMDocument + WTDocument)

Versions vary from 10.0 M030 to 10.2 M010

All servers uses the same network

Problem

Now one of the companies will provide engineering documentation for all the rest of them, I need to "integrate" all the servers with this engineering provider one.

PTC advised me to go with PLM Connector, but I would like to know the other options I have once PLM Connector is costly (U$35.700,00 for only the server license) and looking trhough the PTC knowledge base I saw a lot of problems with it.

So I would like to hear opinions from somebody which have used or implemented it.

I was wondering about package export/import or even develop a custom tool to export/import data

Best practices in this matter would be appreciated.

Guilherme Rocha

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

You might be able to use Info Engine for this. There seveal approaches from a master data management standpoint, but Info Engine could provide connectors between the systems. You could also be more picky on which objects get transfered.

Plus, you should already own it on one or more of your systems.

-Jeff

jcrowe
1-Newbie
(To:grocha)

Plausible deniablity is to deny knowledge of and/or responsibility for any condemning actions committed because of a lack ofevidence that can confirmyour participation, even ifyou were personally involved.

This is the best advice I have for you my friend.

We build a custom ETL tool on IXB Framework and merged multiple PDMLink instances.

rpassolt
5-Regular Member
(To:grocha)

It would be nice if the "cost" was only $37,500. The true cost is much, much higher. A solution has to be architected and then implemented and then maintained + supported. If the idea is to just publish (push)data out from one system and then consume it into another then this is a more managable project from what I have seen and heard from over the years. Simplicity is usually the side to error on if I understand your situation.

Best regards,

Rick Passolt

Fishbowl Solutions

rpassolt@fishbowlsolutions.com

www.fishbowlsolutions.com

Top Tags