cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Intercept publishing failure notifications on Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS21

Prajwal_Jogi
3-Visitor

Intercept publishing failure notifications on Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS21

Hello All,

@Cliff , @YassineKz @saraut @JeremySpilinek , @nmelyani 

We have configured publishing failure notifications via PTC article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS146690

Questions :

1) Is there a way to differentiate/ identify if a failure occurred is for primary content or secondary attachment ?

2) Can the notification be customized so as to only notify failure for secondary attachment ? ( Could we get the an event to say "Secondary Visualization Publish Not Successful" ? )

3) Is there a way to attach failure logs on email when email notifications are being sent ?

4) Could we restrict publishing notifications to only primary content publishing failure ?

Regards,

Prajwal

PJ_9963885_0-1650555934446.png

Senior Windchill Consultant || Smith&Nephew, Inc.

2 REPLIES 2
Cliff
23-Emerald II
(To:Prajwal_Jogi)

Hi Prajwal,

It appears not feasible, just because all are performed by single API of doPublish();

- generally, if every day will have may failures, the notification will not help much; and prefer to check e.g. daily.

Cliff

It is doable.

The article from PTC you posted a link to is VERY limited in what it can do and you can’t get where you want to go by relying on it.

You’ll need to move beyond what’s available in the OOTB user interface and write your own utility to do this.

I wrote a utility that send notification where the requirement was quite granular.

The requirement was to send notification including the log but ONLY if the CAD Worker did not start.

I could have sent notification to whoever for a much less granular reason but the customer want just if CAD Worker not starting was the reason for failure.

Also, notification was to go to only admins and the user doing the publishing.

I did not look into the notification beyond what was required but my guess is there might be a clever way to do what you’re asking. It would require so outside-the-box thinking. But that’s the fun part.

Top Tags