cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Intralink 10.1

sdicarlo
5-Regular Member

Intralink 10.1

How do I change a version/revision value after the file has been checked into common space? I want to change revision "B" back to revision "A" in common space.

4 REPLIES 4
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:sdicarlo)

It is possible using Windchill shell, and the command wt.vc.ChangeRevisionLabelUtility.  (CS31039)  But it requires that there are no pre-existing revision A's.  Does that fit your use case?  Or do you want to merge more B iterations into existing iterations of A?

sdicarlo
5-Regular Member
(To:BenPerry)

The revision was changed from "A" to "B" and checked in. I want to keep the updates that were made to the CAD file, but I want the revision to be "A" instead of "B".

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:sdicarlo)

I don't think there is a way to accomplish what you would like.  I think this has been a long-running complaint, too.

If versions A.1, A.2, A.3, and A.4 exist ... and then B.1, B.2 are created ... we can't change the B1 and B2 to A5 and A6.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenPerry)

You may be able to trick the system if the right conditions exist.

Backup the B.2 revision to disk

Delete the revison B files from Windchill

Set State on revisin a to your in-work level

Check out to your workspace the revision A file

Open the file on disk into Creo

Save the file in Creo so it goes into your workspace

Check in the file so it goes into commonspace as a new iteration of revision A

This does assume that revision B is not referenced in any files so you can actually delete it.

The sequence of check out to your workspace and iopen the file from disk may be reversed from what will work, I don't remember off teh top of my head which order those steps should be in.

Remember that rev B.1 is the same as A.x (x being the highest A iteration)

Depending on the changes made, Delete B and just checkout and redo the work on A.

Top Tags