cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Intralink 3.4 Error Launching Browser?

NathanMantz
1-Newbie

Intralink 3.4 Error Launching Browser?

Hi.

This doesn't belong under Windchill, but there's nowhere else to put this question that I've found.

We've recently lost our Intralink Administrator, and when I click on the Help menu, and select Pro/Help, I am greeted with "Error Launching Browser" message.

I'm at a loss as to where to start looking to fix this issue, if anyone has some suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nathan,

First start from client installation.

Start ptcsetup under /installation/proiclient3.4/bin

Installation wizard should pop up, click next until you will be on step "Optional Configuration Steps"

1.Check box called - Web browsers location

2.Next

3.In Web browser location (window) specify the path (keep in mind that all PTC software has issues with "spaces" - this might be the problem.)

4.Finish the installation

After that help should work. Inform me about the result?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Nathan,

First start from client installation.

Start ptcsetup under /installation/proiclient3.4/bin

Installation wizard should pop up, click next until you will be on step "Optional Configuration Steps"

1.Check box called - Web browsers location

2.Next

3.In Web browser location (window) specify the path (keep in mind that all PTC software has issues with "spaces" - this might be the problem.)

4.Finish the installation

After that help should work. Inform me about the result?

Thanks Daniel,

In fact, there was nothing in the help path.

This path worked "C:\ptc\proiclient3_4\html\usascii\intralink"

Top Tags