cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Intralink 9.0/9.1 Training

DonHeihn
5-Regular Member

Intralink 9.0/9.1 Training

Everyone

We are currently running WF3 and are faced with the migration from Intralink 3.4 to Intralink 9.0/9.1. We can no longer upgrade to WF4 or 5 without upgrading ourIntralink. I know you can upgrade Intralink 3.4 to M060 or higher to go to WF4, but to go to WF5 you need to go to Intralink 9.0/9.1 or PDM link. So we have decided to make the move. We have requested from PTC training for our IT and Intralink Administrators. Our users will follow with a class all their own. We have gotten a quote from PTC for on-site training for two classes, System Admin and Business Adminfor Intralink 9.0/9.1. PTC will combine these two class into a single class of 5 days. PTC wants alot of money for this training. My question iscan anybody else in the community from their experience tell meif they are really necessary, and are they worthtaking, or is this something you can pickup or learn on your own? I just trying to get a feel for what other companies have experienced and what their thoughts are, before we spend lots of money.Thanks.

Don Heihn

Principal Designer/ ProE Administrator

Southwest Research Institute

210-522-2894

1 REPLY 1

Training is most definitely necessary for your administrators and users.

In my case, I have been using PTC University eLearning online.
For the entire library of Windchill products, its' only $850 for a perpetual license, or $500 for a 1-year subscription.
I use it only for the administrative stuff, but it includes end-user courses as well.
If I understand correctly, it is the same materials used for their classroom courses (at their centers or on-site).

http://store.ptc.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ptc&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=59048400

The online materials were very helpful to get started, but I still had to hit the manuals hard afterward, plus many queries to the exploder to clarify many concepts that are poorly documented.

Gerry

Top Tags