cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Intralink 9.1 performance questions

ptc-141591
1-Newbie

Intralink 9.1 performance questions

I'm hoping someone out there can shed some light this problem.

We have Intralink 9.1 M040 running on Windows2003R2, an app server and a db server.

The problem begins to make itself known when doing a Server Status in Windchill and we find the average response time for the servlet engine going through the roof.

Going to the db server and running the Oracle Enterprise Manager, we see an Alert stating that one session is blocking other sessions. Looking at the Active Sessions graph, which is normally pretty flat throughout the day, we see that Application sessions are higher than normal.

When all this happens, users can no longer log into Intralink and users that are already logged in get no response or very slow response.

My solution was to kill the session that was blocking the other sessions in OEM and this returned the response times back to normal operation.

I am not an Oracle expert, so I'm not sure that I did the right thing. Does anyone know what could cause this to happen in the first place? Does anyone know how I can trace this back to find the root cause or find out which user started that session? My assumption was that some user terminated their ProE session and left an orphan process running in Oracle somehow.

Thanks
And Happy New Year to all.

1 REPLY 1

I don't have an answer for you but we saw blocking sessions a couple
times as well, though the system response was not nearly as impacted (we
have 3 MS and 1 BGMS so perhaps that's why). It was actually our DBA
that noted these events. PTC was not able to provide us with any means
of identifying just what (or who) was associated with the blocking
sessions but our DBA was able to drop the sessions and nobody
complained.

We're on AIX servers for both application and Oracle so it is not
particular to Windows.