cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is anyone ever made a dynamic drop down list depending to another ?

rfevre
1-Newbie

Is anyone ever made a dynamic drop down list depending to another ?

I want to design a drop down list depending to another in PDMLink 10.2

Sample :

If user chooses into the drop down list "A", value "Val1_A", then my down list "B", displayed values "Val1_B" and "Val2_B"

If user chooses into the drop down list "A", value "Val2_A", then my down list "B", displayed values "Val2_B" and "Val2_C"

Thx,

Romain

6 REPLIES 6

Oh, I'm also interested in this topic!

ChrisPLM
9-Granite
(To:rfevre)

You may want to create an idea to allow such functionalitiy OOTB and I will vote it UP

We had created our own tool in WebLink for that but it was only for the creation of the parameters in Creo.....

syadala
5-Regular Member

I remember we have done this long time ago that is in WIndchill 7.0 (2005).

tstacy
1-Newbie

What are you using for the drop-down list values? Discrete Sets, Enumerated Types?

One of my expert windchill colleagues did a similar customization on a project we worked together. I don’t have much insight into the APIs used,  but on a high level we customized DataUtilities to add "onchange" javascript for the IBA1 dropdown so that whenever it's value changes modify the DOM to insert new choices for IBA2

As mentioned here by PTC,  current attribute constraints from “Type and Attribute Management utility” will not have any effect on end user interface. PTC also mentioned that “Enhancements are planned to close this gap in a future Windchill release”

I think we have to file a product idea and this needs to be present OOTB

Thanks,

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller International

syadala
5-Regular Member

When we customized, we had the enumerated types and there is a javascript that changes the other drop down. Windchill 11 which expected to have type manager configuration like that of FlexPLM. You can configure the attributes in the Type Manager with out any customization.

Top Tags