cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Is it possible to automatically select the view following the document type?

yhonda
2-Guest

Is it possible to automatically select the view following the document type?

In a panel we have some views, then we have to select the view from view list suitable to the each document type currently using. It is best way if PDMLink can automatically select defined view to fit the document type we using.

3 REPLIES 3
doehr
1-Newbie
(To:yhonda)

One option for this would be in the object Layouts in the Type and Attribute Manager. Windchill has a top-down hierarchy system for the object layouts, so if you have defined your document types as child items of the main Document object and didn't give them custom attributes/layouts etc, those documents will use the parent Document layout. You can easily make custom layouts for different views for each document subtype and the system will use those instead.

yhonda
2-Guest
(To:doehr)

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for yorur replay. I"ll try to do your suggestion and report the results.

Hi Yasumitsu,

If you want to dynamically populate this depending on Document Type, I guess you will surely able to achieve this with some sort of JavaScript.

I remember I had done this before, but it was for Template drop down. You will need to add JavaScript function to "<WT_HOME>\codebase\netmarkets\jsp\document\create.jspf" file.

Thanks,

Shirish

Top Tags