cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Is it possible to bulk rename objects in Windchill Commonspace using an Excel sheet?

ptc-4954789
1-Newbie

Is it possible to bulk rename objects in Windchill Commonspace using an Excel sheet?

I have thousands of parts, assemblies and drawings to rename. I have an Excel sheet with the old name and new name. Is it possible to use that excel sheet to do a bulk rename?

4 REPLIES 4
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4954789)

For thousands of objects, I suggest getting in touch with RickPassolt‌ at Fishbowl for their MassRename tool. They have a great tool. The small initial investment has certainly paid for itself over the years. You can rename and/or re number based on tab - delimited file. WTParts, EPMDocuments, and WTDocuments.

Although I'm not sure if you're looking for a free solution...?

I second this. We have been working with Fishbowl Solutions for many years and have never been let down or disappointed. They are great people to work with and they have the knowledge to do things right.

Thanks Ben, I will look at Fishbowl. I was hoping for a free solution. Also, thanks Andy.

In 10.2 F000 onwards you can do a rename with the Excel Import/Export capability.  It will use the number to find the Part and then use the name field to do the Rename.

Additionally, we will support mass Rename of Parts and CAD Docs from Folder and Search in the next release of Windchill.

Top Tags