cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is it possible to create a Manufacturing View in different folder than Design View?

SvenVanDroogenb
7-Bedrock

Is it possible to create a Manufacturing View in different folder than Design View?

In OIR we added some code so the folder location during WTPart creation is set based on the View.  However this won't seem to work when creating a New View Version of an existing WTPart.  The only way to make it work, is to give Create and Change Domain permission for the Manufacturing Engineer in Engineering Domain and ask him to Cut and Paste the Manufacturing View into the Manufacturing folder.

Windchill 10.1 M030

5 REPLIES 5

Sven,

Does this help? It has to do with moving specific view versions to a different folder:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc101_hc/index.jspx?id=WCUpgradeCFTR_MoveSpecificViewsVersions&action=show

Thanks for your answer.  Actually I'm looking for a way to automate this using OIR.  Currently we are using OIR to choose folder depending on view.id.  This works for New Part creation.  It doesn't work for New View Creation; the new view is always stored in same folder as orignal view.

I know from Windchill 10.1 M040, a new feature has been added to the Move action, but this is still a manual action.

Hi

not possible OOTB

you can add the folder in the layout to let the user choose another folder than the Design view.

We achieve this by customization ....

regards

Hello,

I am trying to automate folder location based on view.id in OIR. However I am not getting the right conditions.

In the below OIR, view.id returns view object and it is compared with string of given view name like Manufacturing, Design etc., subsequently StringEqualsTest returns False for all the conditions.

Could you please provide me a sample?.

Please find the my OIR below.

<!-- set the folder -->
<AttrValue id="folder.id" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.folder.server.impl.FolderPathAttributeAlgorithm">
<Value algorithm="wt.rule.algorithm.CaseBranch">

<Value algorithm="wt.rule.algorithm.StringEqualsTest">
<Attr id="view.id"/>
<Arg>Manufacturing</Arg>
</Value>
<Arg>/Default/Manufacturing</Arg>
<Value algorithm="wt.rule.algorithm.StringEqualsTest">

<Attr id="view.id"/>

<Arg>Design</Arg>
</Value>

<Arg>/Default/Design</Arg>
<Arg>/Default</Arg>
</Value>
</AttrValue>

Hi Sven,

Could you please post the changes to OIR here. I am trying to setup folder location based on View in the New Part creation wizard, but unable to do so.

Thanks

Pooja

Top Tags