cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is it possible to modify the code and without a restart of method server see the new reflected changes?

jfrancis
4-Participant

Is it possible to modify the code and without a restart of method server see the new reflected changes?

I have a very slow vm and requires a lot of time to restart the method server os there any alternative to restarting the method server?

7 REPLIES 7
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:jfrancis)

You can use Reloadclipse plugins of eclipse to deploy code changes without restarting the server but your method server should be in debug mode.

Or else if you change the name of the class every time then also WC will recognize the new class without restarting the server.

BR,

Kaushik

bliu-7
4-Participant
(To:KD)

Hi, Where i can download this plugin? thanks.

ngiacom
14-Alexandrite
(To:bliu-7)

Hello, I used until now reloadclipse (Windchill 10.2) but with 11.1 it seems that  it doesn't work.

Where did you download the plugin? I have an old version that gave me a PTC Consultant.

Thanks

I use IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition

When I'm on debugger, and compile a class it gets automatically reloaded in the MethodServer JRE. Unless I redefine an existing method or introduce a new one. in that case Windchill has to be restartet,

rkumar-10
5-Regular Member
(To:jfrancis)

Use fileSync plugin of eclipse. configure method server for debug mode.

FileSync | Eclipse Plugins, Bundles and Products - Eclipse Marketplace

ngiacom
14-Alexandrite
(To:rkumar-10)

Hello, I used until now reloadclipse (Windchill 10.2) but with 11.1 it seems that  it doesn't work.

I installed FileSynch but it seems only a File Synchronizer, you can setup folders to maintain synchronized.

How do you reload classes with it?

Thanks

SN_10124887
5-Regular Member
(To:ngiacom)

This setting helps to auto-reload external code changes in eclipse project.

Go to Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace and check the option 'Refresh using native hooks or polling'.

Top Tags