cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Is it possible to pass multiple strings to Windchill for a Cognos report

dbellisario
5-Regular Member

Is it possible to pass multiple strings to Windchill for a Cognos report

Hello. I am currently attempting to create a Cog nos report that allows a user to select multiple contexts  with a select and search prompt with multi select and pass them back as parameters for a Query Builder report, however when I try to I can only seem to pass the first selected value in the list. Is there a way to pass them all back as a Comma separated values?

2 REPLIES 2

Dbellisario,

Perhaps you are looking for this?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS59991

I would suggest opening a Support case if not, so that one of the engineers who specializes in Cognos reports might be able to assist or confirm this with you.

dbellisario
5-Regular Member
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hi Michael, 

Unfortunately that wont work. Its not the passing of attributes from Cognos to Windchill the problem. Cognos cant seem to send a comma separated parameterized string to Windchill from a multi-valued search and select prompt. It only sends the first value. It looks like TS is the route to go. Thank you for your assistance. 

Top Tags