cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is there a way to Move a document from a Library to a Project

dsusong
3-Visitor

Is there a way to Move a document from a Library to a Project

We are on V9.1 M60. Users have loaded documents into a library and now want to switch the documents to reside in a project. I offered the Share to Project option, which they did not like. They want to remove the document from the library and have it reside in a Project.

They would like to move an entire folder structure several layers deep which includes about 100 documents. If I tell them that they have to create these in the project and then delete them from the library, they will not be happy.

It seems like the Move option only allows users to move from a library to another library. Cut and Paste does not allow switching from a library to a project.

What other options exist?

2 REPLIES 2
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:dsusong)

Only way is to download and preserve the file, delete the Document from the Product, then Create new in the Project.

You can try the api approach, but that may throw an error when moving from library to project. And I haven't researched the parameter types but I assume they are FolderEntry or Foldered or something similar. This approach also assumes you have cloned the folders into the new container.

WTDocument doc = ...

Folder newFolder = ...

WTValuedHashMap map = new WTValuedHashMap();

map.put(doc,newFolder);

wt.dataops.containermove.ContainerMoveHelper.service.moveAllVersions(map);
Top Tags