cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is there a way to Search Check in comments for CAD or Documents

gmehta
5-Regular Member

Is there a way to Search Check in comments for CAD or Documents

Even in Advanced search I cannot find the check-in Comments field.

If we modified a objects for CAR-XXX then in the future we can search the check-in comments for all objects in the specific product / project or library for CAR-XXX. We would instantly in the future what objects were modified for CAR-XXX.

I was also thinking may be some type of report may be able to provide this info?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gmehta
5-Regular Member
(To:gmehta)

Hello Bob,

Based on your advice and PTC this was the final QML and it work well

thx

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

In 9.1 I had this issue and resorted to a sqlplus query like this:

select
epmdocumentmaster.documentnumber,
epmdocumentmaster.name,
epmdocument.noteiterationinfo,
epmdocument.createstampa2,
epmdocument.updatestampa2

from
EPMDOCUMENT,EPMDOCUMENTMASTER
where
epmdocument.ida3masterreference=epmdocumentmaster.ida2a2
and
epmdocument.noteiterationinfo like '%CHECKIN COMMENT GOES HERE%'

bsindelar
6-Contributor

You could use QueryBuilder to make a 2-column report:

• Column 1 is the EPMDocument (with a link to the object)
  • Column 2 is the Iteration Note (check in comment)

You can then run the report and provide a criteria on the check-in comment, thus giving you the same capability as search.

Let me know if you'd like assistance building this report or with any other Windchill questions you may have.

gmehta
5-Regular Member
(To:bsindelar)

Hello Bob,

I think we have decided to use a similar approach using a QML report. Its for office documents (as that's what we needed it for).

I have attached

Main issue now is we want to be able to search all iterations as the specific comment we are looking for may be in a previous iteration comment for the object (the QML I got from PTC only looks for latest object comment)

Second is we need a way to also have the object number displayed as the QML shows name etc but not the number. It’s the unique object number generated by WC

bsindelar
6-Contributor

Assuming you are importing this QML into querybuilder, you can accomplish what you are looking for by:

1. Remove the "latestIterationInfo=1" criteria to get all iterations (you may want to include revision and iteration as columns of the report to make it easier to interpret).
  2. Add the unique identifier as an attribute for the report (I assume you are referring to what the DB calls the ida2a2 value.  In QueryBuilder for EPMDocument, for example, you want the "EPMDocument.Persist Info.Object Identifier.Id" attribute).  I finstead you are referring to the "EPMDocument Number" field, just take the "EPM Document.Number" attribute in QueryBuilder off the EPMDocument table.

Hope this helps!

gmehta
5-Regular Member

Hello Bob,

Based on your advice and PTC this was the final QML and it work well

thx

Top Tags