cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Issues deleting users 9.1 M070

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Issues deleting users 9.1 M070

Strange issue. Since updating we've seen issues deleting users. Internal Error comes back but no error message. Unable to delete user from both Windchill and Windchill DS (together). Any thoughts or anyone seen this?

Antonio Villanueva - Sr. Software Engineer - ISR Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
100 Wooster Heights Road, Danbury, CT 06804
Tel: +1 203 797 5682
antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com<">mailto:antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com> www.utcaerospacesystems.com
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Why would you ever delete a user?

It seems pretty incredible that at release 10.x there is not a firmly established PTC-recommended single way to deal with user accounts for users who have left (but possibly may return), but the consensus seems to be to take them out of any permissions groups and put them in a De-Activated users group, rather than delete.

Absolutely concur.
With shifting contracts, we see the same people working on different contracts or on the same contract for different employers come and go all the time.

joe bell
GSIMS Administrator
GPS Sustainment Information Management System
719-572-2890
bellj@gpssims.com<">mailto:bellj@gpssims.com>

IT security rules may force the issue. I understand PTC point of view. It makes audits difficult. I can live with seeing (Deleted) in the system. Tech support is narrowing in on a LDAP IE config issue.

Hi Antonio,

I faced a similar issue while performing Migration from legacy to current System that also involves sync of users in old as well as new system. We tried lots of workaround but finally we need to do a clean restart of Servers . It really helped us . I believe the reson being it was expecting some sought of refresh for the users,

Regards,

Sriram Rammohan

Note that from a PTC/User TC Meeting in January that PTC is now working on a utility and process for managing this. There should be a follow-up meeting in June to look at progress and take more feedback from the TC members interested in attending.
Top Tags