cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

wt.queue.max.processQueues value

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

wt.queue.max.processQueues value

We've been live for a little over 7 years - never purged before. Now doing so.

When starting topurging data, we ran into the error message "max process queues exceeded" (or something similar), attempting to execute a job on a Library that had no data - just as a test.

CS24322says that the propertywt.queue.max.processQueuesneeds to be higher and that the default is 12. Our value was 43 for unknown reasons (possibly due to wca). We recently set it 100 (after throwing darts at the wall) and purging is now working.

Question: What info do people have on this property? What value do you currently have set for it and why? What is the downside from making it very large?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello ,

My understanding on Max Process Q's is that , it is a tuning paramer for the performance in the BGMS server to carry set of operation with better threading concepts

Say for example , if you feel that you need to optimize the performance of the CAD workers i nthe system , as a first step start with tuning the MaxProxcessQueue . it will help in better performance optimization that can be vizualised.

Regards,

Sriram Rammohan

This just says how many Process Queues Windchill can have established. The system will create new process queues when needed, such as for purge jobs if you've never done it before. We recently increased to 75 to handle more publish and special process jobs we've added. I think we were at 60 before.

Note that there is a similar property called "wt.queue.max.scheduleQueues" to define the number of "Schedule Queues" possible. This are generally fewer of these.

Of course the more queues you have, the busier your BGMS (or BGMS's) will be. I'm not sure why there is a limit set. If you need a queue, you need a queue. Though perhaps the system could go nuts if you're not paying attention and load you up with queues. I think you can removed queues with the command-line queue manager but I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head.
Top Tags