cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

JNDI Adapter Active Directory multiple windchill.mapping.user.filter

MarkPlimley
6-Contributor

JNDI Adapter Active Directory multiple windchill.mapping.user.filter

Folks,

I have a customer who has many groups configured in their Active Directory but wants to filter Windchill access to just 5 of the groups. They have one group currently defined in <Runtime Service Name>.windchill.mapping.user.filter.

Per Article CS24211 I edited app-Windchill-AuthProvider.xml and added the 4 new filters. But that article does not mention how to update windchill.mapping.user.filter for multiple filters. (I commented on that article to have them add in the missing info.) I see that there is an Edit button on that Property. I'm looking for what syntax I need to add the other filters. What is the delimiter between filter "memberOf" entries? A [Return}, comma, space or semicolon?

Thanks,

Mark Plimley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My colleague just found the answer in Article - CS115495:

<JNDIServiceName>.windchill.mapping.user.filter=(|(memberOf=CN=GroupName,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com)(memberOf=CN=Group2,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com))

And update site.xconf for targetFile="apacheConf/config/apacheWebAppConfig.properties"

(If there is a way to mark this question as closed, I don't know how to do it.)

Mark Plimley

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

My colleague just found the answer in Article - CS115495:

<JNDIServiceName>.windchill.mapping.user.filter=(|(memberOf=CN=GroupName,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com)(memberOf=CN=Group2,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com))

And update site.xconf for targetFile="apacheConf/config/apacheWebAppConfig.properties"

(If there is a way to mark this question as closed, I don't know how to do it.)

Mark Plimley

(Saw the button to accept as a solution when I did the reply)

Except the target file mentioned in Article 115495 does not exist on the Windchill 11.1 system I'm doing this on ;-(

Top Tags