cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Keep the part or assembly property when a Windchill part is imported in WQS

ptc-4342001
1-Newbie

Keep the part or assembly property when a Windchill part is imported in WQS

When the part in imported from Windchill PDMLink,sometimes the part need to be converted to an assembly. Then user defined parts or assembly may be created. When synchronization occurs, the changed property (part or assembly) is loss and reliability prediction cannot be calculated without changing back manually the part to the assembly.

I would be interesting to keep the part or assembly property when a Windchill part is imported in WQS for reliability calculation purpose.

1 REPLY 1

Hello Guillaume,

I understand what you are describing, but I think I need to understand your use case more clearly.

PDMLink is considered the BOM system of record, so when resyncing the BOM in WQS, the data coming from PDMLink will override the 'Part?' values in WQS. I see two potential options:

1. As you are inserting child items in WQS, perhaps there is a reason for them to actually be added to the BOM in PDMLink.

2. After you 'Check for Updates', you can use the 'Update Selected Records' command to update all changes except for the record which you converted to an assembly.

Please let me know if I can clarify - thank you!

Ryan

Top Tags