cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Keyword Search in Windchill PLM

ptc-4978268
4-Participant

Keyword Search in Windchill PLM

Hi

For searching a part in windchill, can we use some other wildcards like "*" to customize the search.

please let me know.

for exa - if in commonspace we have parts 852d001 to 852d999, when in search field i add 852d* then its showing all 999 parts but i want parts only from 852d001 to 852d500 so that i can select them and put in my CN.is there any possible way to get this.

4 REPLIES 4

What version of windchill are you using? I can't remember if this functionality existed in versions previous to 10 but you could try something like this under the advanced search:

If you add multiple criteria, don't forget to change the "find" section to "any of these criteria"

windchill_search.jpg

This of course assumes that there aren't any other similarly named models such as 852d100a

Hi Thanks for the reply

Actually i was just wondering that can we use some other wildcards also like * for searching the parts in windchill.

please let me know if possible.

The only other wildcard that I know of is "?" that replaces one character. i.e. 852d?01 will find 101, 201, 301, etc.

In windchill 10 (don't know about previous releases) you can change the preferences for searches from basic to advanced. This will allow you to do searches in Solr Query language which is more powerful. From what I've read, it allows you to do ranges, etc. but I've never tried it. http://www.solrtutorial.com/solr-query-syntax.html

Sorry for the late reply

We can use ";" for saperating the two numbers, like when we want to search 333D33 and 222d22 both parts at a single time we can put in search field as 333D33;222D22 it willl search both parts,this we can do for N number of parts.

same way i read some where that @ can be used to match exactly one alphabetic character,# can be used to Match exactly one numeric character and also [ ] Matches only one character within the brackets, but these things are not working at me.. i dont know where i am getting wrong.

please let me know if anybody knows anything about it.

Top Tags