cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Knowledge Base Search

canderson
6-Contributor

Knowledge Base Search

OK.. once again I find myself trying to use the PTC Service Knowledge base. My delima.. I need to know what versions of Creo Parametric 2.0 are compatablile with Windchill 10.1 M030. Sounds like a simple key search right? .... I have no idea how and why there is a search option on the PTC Technical Support Portal. Is it just me or is PTC wasting their time. It's like if I search for Car it returns Mars. I have never in my 20 years experience or whenever the web based Knowledge base had been created been remotely sucessful with any search. So am I alone? Should we tell whoever is in control of this feature to abandon it? I have been asking this question for more than 10 years....

O by the way.. I am trying to find the compatibility matrix for Windchill and Creo 2. Something that should take me 5 min not 30. Guess I am back to Google...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:canderson)

Carl, I'm sorry to hear that your search experience has been so frustrating! I'm just curious what keywords you used when you searched.

I did a quick test using "compatibility matrix creo," and the first two hits included the information I think you were looking for:

TSSearch.png

For your reference as the compatibility matrix is a reference document you can find it under the Windchill Reference Documents page (located on the main Windchill TS Support Page (http://www.ptc.com/support) under the Product Documentation Section:

RefDoc.png

As per CS99145, the matrix will pop up if you select the appropriate product (i.e. Windchill PDMLink) as the Product and Document Type "Matrices - Software".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:canderson)

Carl, I'm sorry to hear that your search experience has been so frustrating! I'm just curious what keywords you used when you searched.

I did a quick test using "compatibility matrix creo," and the first two hits included the information I think you were looking for:

TSSearch.png

For your reference as the compatibility matrix is a reference document you can find it under the Windchill Reference Documents page (located on the main Windchill TS Support Page (http://www.ptc.com/support) under the Product Documentation Section:

RefDoc.png

As per CS99145, the matrix will pop up if you select the appropriate product (i.e. Windchill PDMLink) as the Product and Document Type "Matrices - Software".

Top Tags