cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Large Java Files and Windchill hanging up

MikeDravis
3-Visitor

Large Java Files and Windchill hanging up

I am using Windchill PDM Essentials Release 11.2 and Datecode with CPS 11.2.0.5

503 Service Unavailable on Window interface and Creo is unable to continue working with Windchill.
The Windchill's server is producing large files until the drive is full. The data base is normally less than a quarter of the drive space. Java appears to be hanging then creating large files until server space is gone.

Here are the errors that I faced
503 Service Unavailable
5 REPLIES 5
rleir
17-Peridot
(To:MikeDravis)

What has changed in the last few days before this problem?

Where are the large files being created?

What is a sample name (obfuscated if you like?)

Is your DB on the same server?

I am not sure what changed.  I became aware as an end user a few weeks ago of the problem.  The hard drive the server and database are located on became full then Windchill stopped working alerting me while I work.  We are a small company with only 2 users max, but mostly just me.

Unfortunately, I am not the one who found and cleared the Java files a couple weeks ago to temporarily fix the problem.    Right now the server drive is only half full and the application is hanging again.

I thought I opened a ticket for help with PTC, but I have only gotten notification for this forum post in the community.

The only item I have noticed that is different from my limited experience is the addition of WindchillHTTPProxy in the services for start and stopping when restarting the server.  It used to only be the HTTPServer and I am not sure how or when that was changed?

Sorry, I am not a database person to answer your questions.  I am just a user with too many hats and keys.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

this was already a week ago... how did it turn out?

rleir
17-Peridot

Mike

Perhaps 'the one who found and cleared the Java files' should join the discussion.  If the disk is not full but Windchill has hung, I would be looking in the log files.

Are you able to restart the server?

cheers -- Rick

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:rleir)

I was thinking the SQL transaction log getting full when Windchill starts producing Methodserver log files like mad, tens of gigabytes of disk is filled in a matter of hours.
Or a clitch in wcadmin definition in ldap which once triggered the same.

These are text-files, not java, though, but what would produce java.

However, both seem to a no-techie like me as products of just bad design. Why keep on logging the same row after row. There must be a way to stop such, or no? When it's stuck it's stuck and that's it?

Announcements

Top Tags