cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Latest iteration refresh

ptc-327042
1-Newbie

Latest iteration refresh

Hi All,

I have a promotion request workflow in PDMLink 10.0 that has a rework loop using the following refresh expression

wt.maturity.PromotionNotice pn = (wt.maturity.PromotionNotice)primaryBusinessObject;

try

{

com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.maturity.PromotionNoticeWorkflowHelper.refresh(pn);

}

catch( Exception wte )

{

wte.printStackTrace();

}

The rework loop works fine if the promotion object is iterated once (i.e. from A.1 to A.2). The refresh will update the promotion request to be associated with A.2. But if the promotion object gets iterated more than once (i.e. from A.1 to A.2 then again to A.3) during rework, the refresh doesn't work and the promotion request will remain associated with A.1.

Shouldn't the refresh promotion objects expression be able to update A.1 to A.3? or is there some other way to do this?

6 REPLIES 6

There was a bug - please file a call for this.

I opened case #11238599. I'll post the results.

rmk
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-327042)

Hi Bob,

Alternate solution, all the promotable object can be refresh by querying the Promotion Notice Targets. This works fine.

I have the same issue and fixed by this way.

Ramanathan.

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:rmk)

How do you "refresh by querying the Promotion Notice Targets"?

I kind of have the same issue with objects being modified during the review phase (not the rework loop) by a controlled group of approvers (who want to make a note on a document during the review!).

Problem is that this new higher iteration is not updated onto the resulting objects, so the previous iteration has its state set and not the highest.

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:lgrant)
lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:JeffZemsky)

I just want the Refesh bit of code and I think that's the:

com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.maturity.PromotionNoticeWorkflowHelper.

refresh(pn);

How would I use that?

Top Tags