cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Launching Pro/E file through IE

Lohbauer
1-Newbie

Launching Pro/E file through IE

SometimesI have folks using IE for PDMLink and they willtry to open Pro/E thefiles from there(Not using ProductView. Thisdoes not work. My question is: should it work or is it not intended to launch Pro/E from the IE browser. If it is then I have something wrong with my setup.

Sorry if the Subjectwas not too clear, it's late

TIA

Bob Lohbauer

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Lohbauer)

It will work BUT only if you have session of Pro/E already running.
The .pha file that it tries to open cannot launch Pro/E.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

Actually, if your file associations are set up correctly, opening the .pha file will launch a session of ProE.

ASSOC .pha=phaFile
FTYPE phaFile=c:\Ptc\proeWF4\bin\proe.exe "%%1"

You just have to watch out for the behavior in different use cases, particularly if you have Windchill. (In that case you can only really open files in IE from the commonspace, not from the workspace, since the pha file is interpreted as a request to add the file to a workspace and open.)

John Frankovich

Thanks to Ben Loosli and John Frankovich for responding.

With Pro/E concurrently running you can open a Pro file from the WC Internet Browser. And thanks to John for adding the .pha associations Command line input.

Bob

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually, if your file associations are set up correctly, opening the .pha file will launch a session of ProE.

ASSOC .pha=phaFile
FTYPE phaFile=c:\Ptc\proeWF4\bin\proe.exe "%%1"

You just have to watch out for the behavior in different use cases, particularly if you have Windchill. (In that case you can only really open files in IE from the commonspace, not from the workspace, since the pha file is interpreted as a request to add the file to a workspace and open.)

John Frankovich

Announcements

Top Tags