cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

List of users PDMLink 9.1

cc-2
6-Contributor

List of users PDMLink 9.1

Hello

How can I get a list of all the user account which has been created in Windchill ?

When I use the Principal Manager and search, it only returns 50 users and this is obviously not enough.

Is there somewhere accessible from the webbrowser to get the list of users, or even better, list of active users.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Just make a simple report in Query Builder (Report Manager) that only selects the users name etc FROM the WTUSER table. It will dump out a bunch of garbage account but you can filter those in excel or if you are proficient enough in QB you can just create criteria to remove common stuff.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDEA58.6D9ED5C0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
StuartHarvey
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Info*Engine can provide you the "person" information from the local LDAP. This isn't the list of active users that Steve provided, but it is an easy web query. Try executing the following task.

/Windchill/servlet/IE/tasks/infoengine/examples/ja/JndiQueryObjects.xml?instance=<domain>.EnterpriseLdap&base=o=ptc&filter=objectclass=person">http://<host>/Windchill/servlet/IE/tasks/infoengine/examples/ja/JndiQueryObjects.xml?instance=<domain>.EnterpriseLdap&base=o=ptc&filter=objectclass=person

<host> = hostname of your windchill server.
<domain> = domain of your LDAP. Check the Info*Engine administrator for this information (/Windchill/infoengine/jsp/admin/index.jsp)">https://<host>/Windchill/infoengine/jsp/admin/index.jsp)

There is actually a fairly decent Report creation tutorial in the Windchill Help Center of all places. That is where I started years ago. I'm pretty sure it is still there.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDEA84.226724A0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Hi

I have also received a qml file from Mike which I have attached for other users.

Thanks all for your help

In Reply to NacNac MOTT:

Hello

How can I get a list of all the user account which has been created in Windchill ?

When I use the Principal Manager and search, it only returns 50 users and this is obviously not enough.

Is there somewhere accessible from the webbrowser to get the list of users, or even better, list of active users.

Thank you

Top Tags