cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Load balancer setting and configuration for the Cluster set up?

Pratik_More
8-Gravel

Load balancer setting and configuration for the Cluster set up?

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Hello Exert, I am doing cluster set up and I am using identical nodes set up. I have completed the installation of WC (identical feature/modules) now I have to use the load balancer I am stuck as not able to figure it out where to use it.

Description:

Hello Exert,
I am doing cluster set up and I am using identical nodes set up.
I have completed the installation of WC (identical feature/modules) now I have to use the load balancer oi am stuck as not bale to figure it out where to use it.

Below are my questions

1.Can we configure the existing nodes to point to the load balancer?

2.I have all nodes installed with WC 12.1 and they are having same module? so do we need to do any sync or etc for using the load balancer?

3.Bit confuse what steps need to be followed to get the load balancer configured with my current nodes, can any expert help me to get some idea what the ideal procedure or steps is.

Note- I am planning to use AWS load balancer service so if someone is using it let me know how u used it. it will be great relief for me if get more info on cloud as current documentations is not having any deatils on cloud.

Thanks,

Pratik 

2 REPLIES 2
FG_11516226
5-Regular Member
(To:Pratik_More)

@Pratik_More wrote:

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Hello Exert, I am doing cluster set up and I am using identical nodes set up. I have completed the installation of WC (identical feature/modules) now I have to use the load balancer I am stuck as not able to figure it out where to use it.

Description:

Hello Exert,
I am doing cluster set up and I am using identical nodes set up.
I have completed the installation of WC (identical feature/modules) now I have to use the load balancer oi am stuck as not bale to figure it out where to use it.

Below are my questions

1.Can we configure the existing nodes to point to the load balancer?

2.I have all nodes installed with WC 12.1 and they are having same module? so do we need to do any sync or etc for using the load balancer?

3.Bit confuse what steps need to be followed to get the load balancer configured with my current nodes, can any expert help me to get some idea what the ideal procedure or steps is.

Note- I am planning to use AWS load balancer service so if someone is using it let me know how u used it. it will be great relief for me if get more info on cloud as current documentations is not having any deatils on cloud.

Thanks,

Pratik 

Hi Pratik,

For configuring your load balancer with your cluster setup, here’s a quick overview:

Yes, you can configure existing nodes to point to the load balancer. You'll need to update your node configurations to direct traffic through the load balancer’s address.

Since all nodes have the same modules and are on WC 12.1, there shouldn't be any additional synchronization needed specifically for the load balancer. However, ensure that all nodes are properly connected and can handle requests independently.

For configuring the AWS load balancer, you'll generally follow these steps:

Create a Load Balancer: Set up the load balancer in the AWS Management Console.
Configure Listeners: Set up listeners to handle incoming traffic on the appropriate ports.
Add Targets: Register your nodes as targets for the load balancer.
Update DNS: Point your DNS to the load balancer’s endpoint.
It’s great that you’re using AWS, as they provide extensive documentation and support that can help with these configurations. If you have any more specific questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Best regards,
Florence Gayhart

Hi Florence and Experts,

Thanks for suggestion. I have configured load balancer on all nodes and currently it appears to be working ...but yet need to test the actual behaviour of HA in my cluster. The good thing is I am able to hit the windchill login page.

I have some doubts. In you can share your expertise over that will be great help. 

1.is there any way to check to which node our user session gets connected when user login?  

2.Is there any way to test the HA of application level? as we cannot explicitly log out the session for the Windchill login (as per my understanding). if there is any explicit way to kick out the user from the session let me know 🙂 

3.I have used the LDAP integration on my one node (master node). I have added the JNDI adaptor for LDAP. Now when I try to search the JNDI adaptor on the slave node it does appear there. so, do we need to add the JNDI Adaptor for each node? Or we can use the same JNDI adaptor?

4.Currently when I try to login with LDAP user it shows nothing ... login windows re appears? not sure what to check can you guide here.  On the other hand, it works fine with wcadmin login ( wcadmin user is member of opendj directory server). 

Thanks,

Pratik More

Announcements

Top Tags