cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Looking for ideas on how to send updates to ERP on checkin

cswaner
5-Regular Member

Looking for ideas on how to send updates to ERP on checkin

Greetings,

I am looking for ideas on how to update part attributes in ERP automatically when they are updated in Windchill at a given state in the Lifecycle.

Scenario: I have a WTPart at Released State, the same part is already released in ERP. Upon review, the user realizes the Description has typos. This change does not require an ECN or Revision of the part, so, a user with access to change the part updates the attribute and checks the part back into Windchill. Now the change must be made to the ERP part.

How can I have the system automatically update the same part in ERP?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Cam

PLM Solution Architect

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Cameron

If the use case you described below happens once in a while, ad-hoc publish from the part details page action can be manually selected.

For automating the process, a listener service can be deployed that listens for the new iteration (along with the check for the state) and initiates the workflow that publishes the part details to the ERP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and best regards

Swamy Senthil
Swasen Inc
swamy.senthil@swasen.com(Email) <">mailto:swamy.senthil@swasen.com(Email)> ; 909 800 8423 <tel:909%20800%208423> (M);

Cameron,
How are you getting the released parts over there in the first place?
Are you using ESI or just the Release to Manufacturing? While Swamy is
correct, you might be able to leverage what you already have. Also, I
would hope this is something you are not having to face very often, so
an ad hoc or even manual method may be the most cost effective route.

--Bob

Top Tags