cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Mainainability Module is useless (unless I'm using it wrong)

tcampie
1-Newbie

Mainainability Module is useless (unless I'm using it wrong)

My company has been historically using Relex/Windchill for Reliability Prediction for years and we have had the licences for MTTR/FMEA etc but nobody ever uses them.  In an effort to make use of these modules, we have decided to try them on one of our latest projects, however I am finding the MTTR module to be useless.  In order to input task times, you have to pull them from a library.  Why can't I define task times right in the maintainability window?  What if I have unique task times for a specific unit? I have to put them into the library and pull them from the library to put them in the task tables.... This is very inefficient and seems so wrong that I can't imagine I'm even doing it correct. 

So, I am hoping I AM doing it incorrect and someone can point me to an easier way to do the MTTR task tables. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tom:

Has anyone responded to your post? We are starting our evaluation of the Maintainability module. We started generating questions but when reviewing this forum your post is all we have seen that talks to the module. Have you found another resources?

Glenn

No, I never got any replies or help. I went back to the spreadsheet analysis we've used in the past.

Top Tags